Federal law requires that each school district receiving Title 1 funds notify parents of each student attending any school receiving these funds that information regarding the professional qualifications of their child’s classroom teacher(s) may be requested.
As a parent of a student attending a school receiving federal program funds, you have the right to know:
- Is my child’s teacher licensed to teach the grades and subject(s) assigned?
- Is my child’s teacher teaching with a provisional license, meaning the state has waived requirements for my child’s teacher?
- What is the college major of my child’s teacher?
- What degree or degrees does my child’s teacher hold?
- To request the state qualifications for your child's teacher or instructional aide, please click here.
- If you would like more information about your school, please feel free to contact your school directly.
Return to Federal Programs